Sunday, March 28, 2010

Which way to pass

Always in Dubai when walking in a crowded place I have to laugh. You know when you come up to someone and you get stuck - should you go right, left, right...here it seems a little more complex. I notice this because we have various cultures who live together from different sides of the street. For example if I approach an Indian and I move to my left, they will mirror me and move to their right. My theory is this is because they drive on the opposite side of the road, thus pass people on the right rather than the left. Its not a huge deal, and we don't spend hours there but its one of those funny, useless social observations of mine. Fortunately, people don't seem to have any issues with driving on the proper side of the road here.

1 comment:

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

Thank goodness its only on the sidewalks! LOL! What an interesting observation. Something you would only find living in a cultural melting pot like Dubai!