Friday, May 17, 2013

Aquila Private Game Reserve

From Cape Town, we took the long day trip to Aquila Private Game Reserve.  When I asked the hotel about them they told me, "I am not going to tell you that it is a glorified zoo, but..."  However, since a good friend recommended it to me as a great place for kids, I went with her recommendation.

And it was just that, a great introduction to safari and wild animals for children.  The real deal can be very long and tiring for a small child, so this is a good first safari option.  Even though it is small, and a few hours drive from Cape Town, I encourage you to visit.  The drive is beautiful, the animals are well looked after and have been saved from lost land, trophy hunting, poaching and more.

Every animal there has a story....

An elephant at Aquila Private Game Reserve, South Africa

No comments: